Integrated Policy - A Happy Organization
The main characteristic of Ship Repairing activity is that it provides multiple labor opportunities to people of a wide range of skills and competencies. All them, employees, subcontractors, providers, surveyors, technicians, etc., must work efficiently in terms of costs and time, surrounded by risks for themselves and the environment. Therefore SOCIBER has the conviction that if we are able to achieve a happy working environment within our organization and on those who are affected, for good and for bad, because of our activity, we will be condemn to success.
Being happiness a matter of human being, we will focus our management on people, in achieving a reasonable balance in between their rights, duties, performances and productivity, as well as the sustainability of our business and the mutual dependency of SOCIBER and Valparaiso's Maritime Community.
On this purpose our becoming will follow an Integrated Policy that will embrace concepts as:
- Occupational Safety & Health.
- Promt & Early payment to Suppliers & Subcontractors
- Security of our facilities.
- Energy eficient & sustainable management
- Environment friendly approach.
- Process Management continuos improvement.
These concepts will be enforced in compliance with local legislative requirements, applicable and relevant agreements, global ship repairing standards and most of all, the ethical principles we say to sustain, strongly shaping the Corporate Social Responsibility - CSR, of SOCIBER Ltd.
On the purpose of validating and improving the quality level of the services our stock holders require and demand, SOCIBER will submit its Integral Management System - I.M.S., to the discipline, evaluation and certification required by the International Organization of Standarizations and other norms and regulations not necessarily included in I.S.O. Standards.
SOCIBER's I.M.S. is applicable at the Floating Dock "VALPARAÍSO III", its warehouse, workshop ans the so called Casa Cochrane, and its scope is the "Provision of Naval Repairs Services in Floating Dock". It subscribe to the following ISO Standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Environment Management System
- ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management
- ISO 26001:2010 Corporative Social Responsability.
Additionally SOCIBER also subscribes to the following norms and regulations not necessarily included in I.S.O. Standards.
- ClassNK Certification Floating Dock "VALPARAÍSO III"
- I.S.P.S. Code International Ship & Port Facility Security
- P.V.A. Environmental Monitoring Program
- ProPyme Seal Promt & Early payment to Suppliers & Subcontractors
On the purpose of achieving a continuous improvement and optimizing our management standards, SOCIBER states its committement to submit its processes and procedures to periodical evaluation protocols, as well as internal and external audits so to obtain and maintain certifications in those norms and regulations that SOCIBER has decided to follow.